Welcome back to Week 11 of the 52 Week Blogger Challenge! This week is focused on favorite TV Shows which is interesting for me. About a year ago Coach Husband & I decided to cut cable/satellite from our lives and strictly use Netflix and Hulu. I know other coaches' wives are gasping and wondering how CH survived football season. Before I get into my favorite TV shows let me tell you the backstory.
When we made the ultimate decision to give "TV" the boot we were beginning to think about purchasing our first home and looking for items we could cut from our budget and both be okay with. CH's original suggestion was to cut my twice monthly visits to the nail salon. Obviously that did not go over well for him. We both found ourselves spending a lot of time channel surfing instead of being productive and decided that satellite it would be. Thankfully we have an Apple TV and were able to stream Netflix & more recently Hulu. With the Apple TV we also have access to ESPN, ESPN2 and all of our local channels. Coach never missed a college or pro game. In the end it saves us close to $100/month!
My top five favorite TV Shows:
- I Love Lucy: I have loved Lucy since I was a little girl and Hulu has the majority of the seasons and episodes. It's my dream to one day own every season on DVD.
- Gilmore Girls: I watched the entire series from beginning to end last summer and can hardly wait for the mini-season to come out on Netflix.
- Chicago Med: This is thanks to Hulu! It's on my favorites list and the day after it airs on television I can stream it.
- Chicago Fire: Again, thanks Hulu. Netflix is currently catching me up on the past seasons and hopefully with summer break looming near I will be able to finally be on the same page as the show itself.
- The A-Team: Y'all don't laugh. I grew up in a house where the TV was either tuned into TVLand or a sporting event. Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, Green Acres etc. are all shows I love to pieces. I am a hard-core Mr. T fan after watching my first episode of the A-Team when I was around seven years old. I love that the good guys always win, no one ever dies and there is nothing overly promiscuous in these types of shows.
Obviously from my list you can tell I am an old soul. CH jokes all the time that I was born completely and totally in the wrong era and that the 1930's-1950's would have suited me much better.
As always feel free to join in the challenge and if you do grab the button from Sarah Emily.
What are your top five?
Till Next Time Y'all,