It's summertime and the living is easy! Most evenings we fire up the grill to keep the heat out of the house and I LOVE the easy clean-up that comes with it. Our farm co-op is brimming with fresh veggies right now and we might have bought more than we should have last week. I decided to put them to use and we whipped up some delicious grilled vegetables.
- 1 zuchinni, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1/2 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice [I squeezed fresh lemon juice and it took me about 4 lemons]
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes [for heat]
Place your veggies in a large ziplock bag. Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice & spices in small bowl. Pour liquid into ziplock bag and shake, shake, shake. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Pop them in a grilling basket and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Coach despises mushrooms so I didn't add them but you totally could! We loved these and I also loved that they used a wide variety of veggies.